Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Framed Blue Bird

Hi there!

Wow, 2 posts in one day!

This is a card I just finished up using my Labels 4 dies by Spellbinders. I wanted to create a frame using them. The image is from SU's Seasonal Birds. I used my Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits to color it. You can't see it in the picture, but I added gold stickles to the flower centers and bud bases that go really pretty with the rose button.




Supplies I used:

Stamps: seasonal birds, teeny tiny wishes (SU)
Paper: baja breeze, very vanilla (SU), old world mat stack (DCWV),ancestry mat stack (K&CO)
Ink: timber brown (StazOn), wheat (VersaMagic)
Misc: prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits, sponge, markers, gold stickles, white opal liquid pearl, pearl stickers, button, ribbon, labels 4 die (Spellb), doily lace edge punch (MS)

3 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card! I love the image and the soft colours.
    hugs
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! WOW! Your card is so beautiful...I really like the colors that you used! Great job with the framed bird, and the DP is the perfect background for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,

    Stunning! I love the layered Nesties and how you colored in the bird with the branches. I can't wait to purchase this new set. Thanks again for stopping by to visit me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!