Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Cards with Eskimo Kisses

Hi there!

I made these cards a couple of weeks ago using "Eskimo Kisses" paper from Basic Grey and the "Joys of the Season" Cricut cartridge. I love these papers for Christmas. The cartridge is one I bought a couple of years ago, but hadn't used yet. So I sat down (to play) one day and just started making trees, ornaments, fireplaces, and stockings. I still have things left over to use another time, but these are the cards I came up with. I used the same basic sketch on 5 of them to make things more simple.

I actually submitted 4 of these to a magazine, my very first time doing a submission, but none were accepted. :-( I was hoping at least one would make it, but it wasn't to be! At least now I have more Christmas cards to send out!

Here is the first one called "Houses & Trees".


I think these trees are really cute. I made the base at the bottom of the trees using a tag punch.

The next card is called "Green Trees". Pretty similar to the first one.


This one is called "Kissing Ornaments". I really like the way this one came out. I will probably make a few of these up to send out for Christmas. Very easy to make.


This is called "Kissing Tree".


This is "Eskimo Tree". I love these little eskimos on the paper. I don't like how the tree base came out on this one and would do it differently next time. It's actually covering something else I did underneath that I didn't like, lol.


This last one is the called "Fireplace & Stockings". This is the one with the different sketch, actually there really isn't a sketch to this one.


The ingredients for all these are:

Stamps: A Merry Little Christmas Set (JustRite), Teeny Tiny Wishes (Stampin Up).
Paper: Eskimo Kisses (Basic Grey), pool party, real red, riding hood red, pear pizzazz, blushing bride, pretty in pink, certainly celery (all SU), solar white (Neenah).
Accessories: Adhesive pearls (Recollections), bakers twine (Marth Stewart), Joys of the Season (Cricut), 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 circle punches, word window, modern label, scalloped trim border punches (SU), deco fan punch (Martha Stewart), tag punches (Marvy), perfect polka dots embossing folder (SU), lace (JoAnns), diamond Stickles, petal pink liquid pearls, DMC floss.

Well, that's it for now! Hope these give you a little inspiraton if you still need to do Christmas cards like me!

Blessings!

Kathy

2 comments:

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!