Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sweet Rose

Hi there!

I have taken a little break from the Christmas theme to make a card with a new rose stamp I purchased. I LOVE roses and I love to color them to make them come alive! At least, I hope they look "real" and not just colored!



I'm submitting this to new challenge for me, it's at Stampin Sisters in Christ which you can find here. The challenge (#117) is use a bird on your creation. I love this little bird punch from Stampin Up and I thought it was cute with the rose and the frame shape.

For ingredients used:

Stamp: Rose (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Sweet Pea DSP (SU), Watercolor Bouquet (K&CCo)
Ink: Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits, adhesive pearls, Labels 13 die (Spellbinders), Rebecca embossing folder (Cuttlebug), petite petals punch (McGill), pearl heart brad, 2 step bird punch (SU)

Thanks for looking!

Blessings!

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow.... this is so beautiful Kathy! I love roses too and yes, you have brought it to life for sure! Love the punched bird too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this is just gorgeous! Love the design paper and love how you colored those roses. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, soft and feminine, and a great placement of that cute little bird punch!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!! Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!