Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

ODBDSLC121 *2nd Week* You Leave Me in Stitches

Hi there!

I hope everyone in the USA has had the opportunity to enjoy the holiday weekend. For many it is the last hurrah before school begins, for others school already begun. I have one of each myself! 
Since many go away for Labor Day weekend in the USA, we extended the "You Keep Me in Stitches" challenge to give our viewers ample time to play along. The linky is the same as last week's so you can add your creation on either post. Today the team would like to share more samples for this challenge.

This week's challenge:
"You leave me in stitches"

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, September 2nd at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.




While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, September 9th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC121. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.
 
Here is my second take on the "stitches" challenge. 
 
 
 
 
 
Once again, I did faux stitching!  This one came out a little better than last's weeks faux stitching.  I started this card with Proverb 9:11 verse in a beautiful font and the Fairy Belle designer paper.   I wouldn't normally put this two colors together, but the designer paper ties it all in nicely.
 
For all ingredients used:
 
Paper: Fairy Belle (Prima), Solar White (Neenah), Baja Breeze (SU), plum (DCWV Stack)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: White gel pen, piercer, mat, adhesive pearls (Michaels), spacer bead (Michaels), Bow-Easy, Floral Ovals, Classic Scalloped Ovals, Classic Ovals Large (Spellbinders), Medium Branch Punch (Martha Stewart), flower punch (EKSuccess), distressing tool, Elegant Scrollwork Die (Memory Box), Baja Breeze Seam Binding (SU - RAK from Jill), lace (Jo-Ann's), Paper Lace II Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)
 
Please visit the other designers for their beautiful creations!
 
I'm also submitting this to the latest Word Art Wednesday Challenge # 43.

Hope you can join in the challenge this week if you haven't already!
 
Blessings!
 
Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning Kathy!! I just love the blue and brown combo with the punch detail, seam binding and lace. Gorgeous!! That font of the sentiment, I have to admit is so elegant and beautiful as well.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Kathy. The colors are beautiful, and it is so feminine and lacy looking. I love the beautiful flowers and bow.

    I hope you get back to Deer Isle sometime, so we can meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Kathy! I love the elegant spray of blossoms with that amazing bow!!! I just love seeing what you come up with! So soft, so lovely and so full of your heart! Blessings...

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kathy, as always, the dp that you used was just perfect for the background, great colors and, Of course, I love your ribbon. smile...Hope you have a great week. Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Kathy!!! Love the flowers and the colors! Very pretty! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Kathy. . .glad the DP stretched you to put those two colors together. The result is stunning!! Love your flowers and all of the lovely dimension and textures. . .so lovely . .I can almost smell the fragrance!! Blessings, talented one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy! I am really loving this combo of teal and brown. It's so elegant, and I love the layering of dies. I have to admit that I'm a bit envious of all your gorgeous die-cuts; especially all the beautiful matting die-cuts you use. They're just gorgeous, and really make your projects POP. This sentiment stamp is also gorgeous, and everything just compliments the other to make a stunning card. Thank you so much, Kathy, for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday and linking your cards to our challenges. I'm always SO blessed and thrilled so see you participate, and I'm grateful for it. I hope you know that it really does bless my heart, and I know that it's also a blessing to all the others who stop by to see your gorgeous work. Have a great week, and I look forward to my next visit. It's always a treat!
    Hugs,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....Awesome beautiful card!! Your faux stitching is top notch, and I love your colour choice~!!wow!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, gorgeous card, kathy!! love the beautiful muted colors and all those pretty little flowers surrounding the verse... hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the detail you added here are so pretty Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!