Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Heartfelt Creations - Wishing You a Quick Recovery

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!  This week begins my second 6 month term with HC as a Designer, and I am SO over the moon to still be with them!  Thank you so much for all who voted for me!  For this week I have a center step card using the Delicate Asters Collection.


 
 
 
I used some brighter colors on this one matching the designer papers from the collection.  The flower on the image is stamped and colored and the flower on the bow is die cut from the designer paper, I think it's really neat that it fits!  I colored my flower a little opposite, but that's ok I think!  I love this butterfly to that I colored to match...can you tell I love to color?  I don't know what I would do without my pencils and mineral spirits!!!  The leaf swirls stamped on the green designer paper are from the Vintage Floret Bouquet Set.  I kind of have a lot of swirls going on here!  You can click on the picture to see a better view and the complete materials and instructions are at the end of the post.

Please visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the gorgeous creations by the designers including the new design team!

I'm submitting this to the latest challenge at Word Art Wednesday #53 to use encouraging/uplifting sentiments on you creations.

Thank you for stopping by! 

Blessings!

Kathy



Wishing You a Quick Recovery

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3503 – Vintage Floret Bouquet PreCut Set
HCPC 3494 – Delicate Asters PreCut Set
HCPC 3499 – Delicate Asters and Butterflies PreCut Set
HCPC 3497 – Script Asters Background PreCut Set
HCPC 3496 – Delicate Twining Asters PreCut Set
HCD 726 – Delicate Asters Die
HCDP1 -226 – Delicate Asters Paper Collection
Product ID: 159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Product ID: 459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
Product ID: 159723 – Art Institute Glue – Dries Clear
SF03602 - Prismacolor Pencil Set 120 pc.

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Kraft (Stampin’ Up!)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Forest Moss Distress Ink (Ranger), Amaretto (Powder Puff), Spanish Olive, Purple Hydrangea, Perfect Plumeria (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Florentine Gold Microbeads (Martha Stewart), pop dots, adhesive pearls (Recollections & Want-2-Scrap), ribbon (Offray), distressing tool, glue dots, Bow-Easy, Prismacolor Pencils: Marine Green, Mulberry, Dahlia Purple

Instructions:
Card base: Used center step card instructions on Split Coast Stampers at www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/centerstepcard .  Mats for base, used green designer paper cut one @ 4 3/8” x 3 5/16” (center), one @ 5 3/8” x 13/16” (bottom panel), and two @ 4 1/8” x 13/16” (side panels).  With Forest Moss, randomly stamp leaf swirl (Vintage Floret Bouquet) on 3 narrow panels.    Ink edges on all mats with Amaretto and glue to base as shown.

Image:  On Solar White with Black Onyx ink, stamp smaller flower flourish (Delicate Twining Asters) and color with pencils.  Cut into a 4” x 3” rectangle so that image is on lower right as shown.  Distress and ink edges with Purple Hydrangea ink and add microbeads to flower center.  Cut mat from mulberry designer paper at 4 3/16” x 3 3/16”, ink edges, and add to image.  Add to card base with pop dots.

Embellishments: Stamp sentiment (Script Aster Background) with Black Onyx Ink on mulberry designer paper.  Trim around sentiment as desired.  Ink edges with Purple Hydrangea and add to bottom panel of card with pop dots.  On Solar White with Black Onyx, stamp butterfly (Delicate Asters & Butterflies), color with pencils, and fussy cut.  Ink edges with Perfect Plumeria, shape as desired, and add to card as shown with glue dots.  Die cut 2 flowers from the flowered designer paper, shape as desired, glue together, and add microbeads.  On Solar White with Black Onyx, stamp 2 leaves (Delicate Asters), color with pencils, and cut with matching die.  Ink edges with Spanish Olive and shape as desired.  Make bow with Bow-Easy.  Add leaves, bow, flower, and pearls to card as shown.

11 comments:

  1. This is soooo beautiful, I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I receive your blog updates via email. Today I wanted to take the time to hop over to your blog to leave you a note.

    Beautiful card! Thank you for your inspiration.

    I also want to thank you for your testimony at the beginning of your blog. I am so thankful for the Peace of God. Right now my extended family is going through some rough times. Just the other day, I told my niece to focus on the Lord and not on the circumstances around her and that He would give her His Peace. She does know the Lord as her Savior and Lord but has been having a hard time keep her eyes focused on Him. She did tell me Sunday, 'you are so right Aunt Marjorie, when I keep my eyes on Him and not what is happening in my family, He floods me with His Peace.'

    So again I want to say THANK YOU for your inspiration and your testimony. God is using you.

    Marjorie from TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjorie, it doesn't get any better than that...hearing you say God is using me! Thank you for blessing me today with your words! Blessings!

      Kathy

      Delete
  3. So Gorgeous!! I love the bright color and the butterfly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Absolutely stunning Kathy!! What a gorgeous and elegant design!! Love the colors!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Cathy...
    Your card is very beautiful...
    soon Ada from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy! I hope you're having a great week, and that all is well with you. I just love coming to your blog. Every time I think it can't get any better, you surprise me over and over again. Your cards are just delightful and so inspiring. Thanks SO MUCH for being so faithful about sharing your gorgeous art in our challenges. You are such a blessing to me, and to WAW. Thanks for sharing!
    God's blessings to you always,
    karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Kathy! That is fantastic they kept you. I told you they would be crazy to not keep you. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, Kathy...Like the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card, Kathy!!! Love the bright pink and green color combination. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one amazingly beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!