Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Emma Lou's Birthday Blog Hop


Happy Birthday Emma Lou!

Good morning everyone! In honor of Emma Lou's 30th Birthday the Heartfelt Creations' designers, past and present, are having a blog hop!

The Hop starts today and ends Tuesday, August 16th, at midnight. All you need to do to enter is visit the blogs and leave a comment. The winner will be chosen by Random.org and will receive a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations.

The winner of the blog hop will be announced on Heartfelt Creations Facebook page (I'll also announce it on my blog). They will have 72 hours to claim their prize otherwise another name will be drawn. In order to claim their prize, the winner will need to email Liz Walker at passionforsparkle@gmail.com with "Winner of Emma Lou's Birthday Bog Hop" in the subject line.

Here is the card I made for Emma Lou's Birthday!






I used one of the older stamp sets, Sunflower Bouquet Stamp, from the Classic Sunflower Collection. I love this bucket of sunflowers and the gold and burgundy together! Great card for Autumn that will soon be upon us.

The image was colored with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps and I added Heart of Gold Prills to the flower centers. I also decorated the inside of the card, but neglected to take a picture before I mailed it to Emma Lou. Complete instructions for this are at the end of my post if you are interested.


Here are the designers participating in the Blog Hop:


Good luck hopping! Make sure to visit as many blogs as you can and leave a comment!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #242-243 - Anything Goes

Blessings!

Kathy


Sunflower Bucket Bouquet

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3628 - Sunflower Bouquet Cling
HCPC 3724 - Sunrise Lily Flute Cling
368770 - Scor-Pal
SMP001 - Stamp Mat Pad
Spring Bling Prills
Art Institute Glue

Other products: Papers: Neenah Solar White, Recollections White, Coordinations Curry, purple; Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black; Accessories: Bordeaux Wine Seam Binding, Bow-Easy Tool, green twine, button, adhesive pearls, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Kelp Green, Marine Green, Black, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Burnt Ochre, Chocolate, Peach Beige, Light Umber, Dark Brown, Espresso, Dark Purple, Black Cherry, Black Raspberry, Scotch Mounting Tape, glue dots

Instructions: Card measures 4" x 4". Cut white cardstock 4" x 8", score at 4" and fold crease to create card base. Cut Curry cardstock 3 3/4" x 3 3/4", cut purple cardstock 3 11/16" x 3 11/16", glue together and add to card base with Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp bouquet image on Solar White with Onyx Black and trim down to 3 3/8" x 3 3/8". Color image with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. Glue image to mats.

Add Heart of Gold Prills to flower centers using Art Institute Glue. Make a 3-loop bow using Bow-Easy Tool and add to card as pictured using glue dots. Thread button with twine and add to bow center using glue dots.

For inside of card, cut white cardstock 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" and stamp sentiment in center. Cut purple cardstock 3 7/8" x 3 7/8", glue to white piece and glue both to inside of card.

52 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combination. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card Kathy, i have always been such a huge fan of your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really really like this card! The bow, especially the colour you chose, just sets off the entire design. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card! Thank you for sharing and for the hop xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. I wish I could color like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully colored and great design. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coloring is wonderful.
    Beautiful card.
    thanks for helping Emma-lou
    celebrate her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Kathy! That is one of my favorite images :) Gorgeous coloring! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card. You colored it beautifully. Who wouldn't enjoy a card like this?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, I love these sunflowers and the bucket. Our sunflowers are being enjoyed by the birds and especially some little goldfinches. I am very ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is lovely. Such gorgeous sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this image, an beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! Absolute perfection and such a gorgeous color combo! Emma Lou is going to love this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, beautiful work. I see some copic markers?

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card using great colors. Thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and your coloring is fabulous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice card!!
    great job on the colouring.... so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just the right color combination!!! Radloff jen @ cableone.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty card. Beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...your coloring is amazing! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww such a sweet card! TFS Hugs and blessings, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely love this card. Wishing I could color like that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is fabulous. Colors are life like and so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The card is so elegant..!! Happy Birthday Emma.. God bless you..May He fulfill all of your desires and bless you with sound health in the years that follow..XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very sweet! Happy Birthday Emma Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very sweet! Happy Birthday Emma Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this. Very pretty bow and I love sunflowers.
    Happy Birthday to Emma Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is STUNNING, Kathy. Emma Lou will LOVE it, and appreciate it I'm sure. She is such a sweetheart, and I am SO grateful for her generous heart. She's been a BIG blessing to me (and to Word Art Wednesday) and I know God put her in my life for a reason. I will pray for her birthday to be especially blessed. Thanks so much for sharing your talents in our challenge. I'm always so grateful to have you play along in our challenges.
    Blessings,
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like these colours together would never of thought of that combination. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful colors and perfect shading bring this bucket of late summer blooms to life! Love it and love that image! Another treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such an elegant creation with such beautiful colors, Kathy! Your coloring always mesmerizes me! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card, I love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  34. so soft and precious.. beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such stunning colors on this spectacular image. I am sure Emma Lou loved getting this beauty for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW! You really are talent colorer! Amazing job! The colors are perfect! I just know Emma Lou was excited to receive it! TY for sharing your awesome talent!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fantastic card!! Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice job. Looks wonderful - sunflowers are such a happy flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!