Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Frolicking Frosty Skating


Happy Wednesday everyone!

It's time for a little Heartfelt Creations inspiration! This week I have another Christmas card to show you this time using the Snow Kissed Collection that was released on August 10th.




I used the Frolicking Frosty Set and matching Frolicking Frosty and Spruce Die for the snowman. The image was colored with pencils and mineral spirits and embellished with stickles and glitter. The "frame" was created using the Snow Kissed Paper Collection and die cutting the center with a Cut Mat Create Die.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the beautiful projects by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #244-245 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Frolicking Frosty Skating

HCPC 3750 - Frolicking Frosty Cling
HCD1-7107 - Frolicking Frosty & Spruce Die
HCD1 751 - Cut Mat Create 2A Die
HCDP1-269 - Snow Kissed Paper Collection
Cottage Ivy Memento Ink
Shell White Glitter
368770 - Scor-Pal
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
Other products: Papers: Neenah Solar White, Bazzills Typhoon, Coordinations Merry; Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, QuickQuotes Blue Moon; Accessories: Diamond Stickles, snowflake button, Scotch Mounting Tape, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Periwinkle, Yellow Ochre, Mineral Orange, Mahogany Red, Black Raspberry, Black, Dark Green, Cool Grey 90%, Indigo Blue, Indanthrone Blue, Metallic Silver

Instructions: Card measures 6" x 6". Cut Typhoon cardstock 6" x 12", score at 6" and fold crease to make card base. Cut Merry cardstock 5 7/8" x 5 7/8" and glue to card base. Cut 6" x 6" card panel from paper collection, trim 1/8" off on all four sides and die cut center using Large Rounded Square Die. Ink all edges with Blue Moon Ink and set "frame" aside.

Stamp skating snowman image on Solar White with Onyx Black twice. Color snowman completely on one image and cut with matching die. On second image,  color trees and outside edges of snowman. Trim image down to fit behind frame. Add die cut snowman over snowman on image using Scotch Mounting Tape. Add frame to card base using SMT.

Trim sentiment from paper collection, curve slightly and glue in place as pictured. Add snowflake button to top right and cover with Diamond Stickles. Add Diamond Stickles, glue and glitter as desired.

4 comments:

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!