Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, January 6, 2017

Christmas Skates Card


Hi there!

Just a quick post to show you a simple Christmas card I made using the Celebrate the Season Collection from Heartfelt Creations.





I used the Celebrate the Season Designer Papers for the image block and the purple mat. The skates and leaves were stamped on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink, colored with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps and die cut with matching dies. The skates were popped for dimension and the leaves were shaped, offset and glued over the skate laces. Before adding the mat to the card I stamped the sentiment using Seedless Preserves Ink.

Here is a picture of the inside of the card.




I used the sentiment from the Gift Wrapped Presents Set for the image, stamping on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink. I colored this with pencils and mineral spirits and trimmed it down. This is matted with turquoise designer paper that was inked with Baja Blue Ink.

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #264-265 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy


Christmas Skates Card

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3747 - Celebrate the Season Set
HCPC 3745 - Ornate Sleigh Set
HCPC 3748 - Gift Wrapped Presents Set
HCD1-7104 - Ornate Sleight and Presents Die
HCD1-7106 - Celebrate the Season Die
HCDP1-268 - Celebrate the Season Designer Papers
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Designer Dries Clear
Other Products: Papers: Neenah Solar White, Recollections White; Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Seedless Preserves Distress Ink, Quick Quotes Baja Blue; Accessories: Scotch Mounting Tape, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Lavender, Parma Violet, Violet, Dark Purple, Muted Turquoise, Peacock Blue, Deco Aqua, Light Aqua, Aquamarine, Cobalt Turquoise

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Cut white cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 4 1/4" and fold to make card base. Trim block (pictured) from designer paper and ink edges with Seedless Preserves. Cut purple designer paper mat slightly larger than block, ink edges with Seedless Preserves and glue pieces together. Stamp sentiment with Seedless Preserves Ink as shown and add mats to card using Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp leaves and skates on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink. Color with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. Shape leaves using Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Add skates using Scotch Mounting Tape. Glue leaves as pictured using Designer Dries Clear Glue.

For inside of card, stamp sentiment from Gift Wrapped Presents Set on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink. Color with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. Trim down image and mat with turquoise designer paper that has been inked with Baja Blue Ink. Add to inside of card using Designer Dries Clear Glue.

2 comments:

  1. Yet another STUNNING card, Kathy. I pray that this finds you well. I'm SO grateful to have you share your wonderful art with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous use of the papers Kathy, and coloured the Die cuts beautifully to match it all. Wonderful card to give!
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!