Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday Bear

Hi there!

This image is an oldie, but goodie! I stamped this bear probably about 8+ years ago, borrowing the stamp from a very good friend, Shannon! I thought this bear was SO cute, so I stamped a bunch of them and colored some with pastels a looooong time ago. I'd be embarrassed to show those cards now, that's for sure!




This is what you get when you organize your stuff, all sorts of things you didn't remember you had! I found these images stashed away in a drawer!

For stamps on this, I used Costume Bears (I had to search SCS to find the name of the set this came from), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU), heart balloon (Michaels $1.00). Papers used are Nana's Nursery Baby Boy, old olive, orchid opulence, very vanilla (SU). For inks I used black (Versafine) and orchid opulence (SU). Accessories: ribbon (SU), buttons, hemp cord, brads, Prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits, punches: frond (Martha S), word window, modern label (SU), perfect polka dots embossing folder (SU).

Thanks for looking!

Blessings!

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, this is so adorable, I really like the colors that you used. And great coloring on the image. Those little heart buttons are so cute...great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!