Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, July 8, 2011

Puppy Tails & Ice Cream

Hi Everyone!

I have a brand new stamp to show you from Elphine House Australia! It's called "Tell Tail Ice Cream" and designed by the super talented Elisabeth Bell. I'm just loving these little boy images of hers from EHA...they are SO adorable!

I called this card "Puppy Tails & Ice Cream"...here's the front:


And here's the inside:



I wanted to try using fabric strips in place of ribbon, so I went to Jo-Ann's to check some out. I bought a few pieces including this plaid homespun fabric as a color inspiration for the card. I've used homespun fabric riped in strips before for crafts, but this is the first time using it on a card. The thing I like about homespuns is there's no "wrong" side to the fabric and it frays nicely.

I colored this image with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and also experimented with distress inks and markers a little. The ice cream cones are from a $1 stamp I bought at Michaels last week that I cut and pieced, and the "Puppy Love" is from a Cloud 9 set called "Simple Thoughts - Dog" that I shaped with decorative scissors that I've had FOREVER and never use.

The papers are brilliant blue, ballet blue, old olive, creamy caramel (SU), solor white (Neenah), Hopscotch mat pad (K&Co), the bright green is from Bazzils Pastel Matstack.

You can find this adorable stamp "Tell Tail Ice Cream" and others here on Elphine House Australia's website.

If you need any more of the details on this, you can get more here on my Split Coast Gallery.

I'm also including this card in the SCS challenge F4A72 - free for all for "activities I enjoy in the summer"...that would HAVE to be definitely eating ICE CREAM!!!

Thanks for looking and allowing me to share with you!

Blessings!

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. This card is so adorable! Beautiful coloring of your image, and I really like the background colors you used. Very creative to use the fabric. (Your going to make me look at my fabric stash in a different way...smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love how you colored his baseball cap and used the fabric strips for ribbon. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Kathy!!! I love the colors you have used and the details are fabulous! Such a sweet image toO!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kathy! Fantastic colouring, I really love that fabric.
    hugs
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, those ice cream cones are adorable! Very cute boy card. I like the fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!