Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, September 14, 2012

Elphine House Australia - 3-2-1 Recipe

Hi there!

It's time for a new challenge at Elphine House Australia!  This time the challenge is:


WHAT ARE WE DOING THIS MONTH???

The challenge is.....


"It's a 3, 2, 1 Recipe"
What that means is to please use 3 of one thing and 2 of another, then lastly 1 of yet another thing.... YOU get to choose your ingredients.

Using ANY Elisabeth Bell Design



Please note: YOU MUST USE AN ELISABETH BELL Designed Stamp in order to qualify for
2 stamps that Elphine House Australia is giving away.
Remember, if you do not use a design by Elisabeth Bell, Your entry will not be counted for the prize, and will be deleted from our list of entries.

Helen and Lew from Elphine House Australia, have decided to "SURPRISE YOU" with the 2 stamps. So it's a Mystery. =)



Random.org will choose our winner next time, and will be announced at the beginning of the next challenge.

(Our next challenge will be on October 15th)

For my creation this week, I used a new stamp named "Daisy Standing Tall". 





She is so sweet!  I love her little face and old-fashioned clothes!  I decided to use pinks and greens and selected these Preppy Princess Stack Papers from DCWV.  The sketch I used is for the latest sketch challenge at Split Coast Stampers SC402.  The vine in the top corner is the Madera Corner Die that I've had for a while and finally using...it's so beautiful!  The little tag is made with a new die I just got named Marvelous Squares.  I bought this from Crop Stop with a gift certificate I won at Word Art Wednesday...woo hoo!  I can't wait to use the rest of the dies!

For the Challenge, the recipe ingredients for my card are 3 - die cuts, 2 - mats/layers, and 1 - bow.

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:
Sketch Challenge SC402 (SCS)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #45

Complete recipe:

Stamps: Daisy Standing Tall (Elphine House Australia), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah), The Preppy Princess Stack (DCWV), pink (DCWV Cardstock Stack)
Ink:  Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories:  Floral Ovals, Marvelous Squares (Spellbinders), adhesive pearls (Michaels), Nestabling (Want-2-Scrap), flower punch (EKSuccess), White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), embroidery floss, 1/8" hole punch, Tool Kit, mat (McGill), mineral spirits, White Gel Pen, Rose Petal Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Black Multi Liner Marker (Copic), branch punch (Marth Stewart), spacer bead (Michaels), Madera Corner Die (Memory Box), Bow-Easy, Prismacolor Pencils

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy

 

5 comments:

  1. Kathy: You just keep coming up with the sweetest ideas, and your creativity SINGS!! Thanks for being the constant blessing and encouragement you are to us at Word Art Wednesday. When I tell you how grateful I am for you, I hope you know that it is SO heart-felt, Kathy. God has blessed my life, and the works of Word Art Wednesday, through you and your lovely art. It blesses our blog, it blesses me, and I know it blesses the others who get to see it. I cannot tell you THANK YOU enough even though I say it over and over, I hope you know that it comes from a VERY deep place in my heart. I see God's hand in your art each time, and I praise Him for you, my friend. I just prayed for you as I stopped by, that He will bless you and draw you close to Him as you share your beautiful art.
    Big blog hugs,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! So many pretty and feminine details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness how sweet Kathy! I love how you colored her and all the little details! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Kathy!! She's so darling!!! LOVE your die cut and elegant design here girl!! Beautifully soft colored too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! And as you already know, smile...done in my favorite color combo...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!