Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Flowers With Love - Flourishes

Hi there!

I have a bunch of flowery stamps from Flourishes that I bought a year or 2 ago and have decided to break them out and do some creating with them!  Last week I did the Rose Corner Bookmark and entered it in the Flourishes' challenge.  This week I have a card I made using the With Graditude Stamp Set and the Decorative Labels 8 Die as a card base.


 



I made this for the Flourishes' Love Letters Challenge (FLLCJAN13) - love theme.  I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits.  The little word "love" at the bottom is from the Noteworthy SU Set.  Here's a picture of the inside:


 
 
 
 
 
 
This "love" sentiment is from Hampton Art - Studio G.  I stamped it with Victoria Velvet Ink, but it was too light so I colored a shadow on it with Black Raspberry Pencil.
 
Card recipe:
 
Stamps: With Graditude (Flourishes), Noteworthy (SU), "Love" (Hampton Art)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Burgandy (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Victorian Velvet Distress Ink Ranger)
Accessories: Olive Wrinkled Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), adhesive pearls (Recollections), Labels 8, Decorative Labels 8 (Spellbinders), mineral spirits, White Opal Liquid Pearls, Vesuvius Glitter (Art Glitter), Prismacolor Pencils: Pink Rose, Black Raspberry, Kelp Green, Black
 
I'm also submitting this to the following challenges:
 
Really Reasonable Ribbon #63 - New Toys + Ribbon - my new Decorative Labels Die
 
 
Blessings!
 
Kathy
 



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kathy, great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Kathy. Another stunner for sure!
    Thanks SO MUCH for being so gracious in sharing your lovely cards in our challenges.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous work with these dies! This is a stunning card Kathy! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Your coloring is perfect and I love the use of the dies! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnifique j'adore !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnifique cette carte - j'adore !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card, Kathy, with deep, rich coloring! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. this is a beauty! Love the way you colored this up and all the beautiful additions! Thanks for playing with us over at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your card on the Flourishes blog. Wow. I recently ordered this spellbinders dies set, and seeing you use it I'm glad I did. Can't wait for it to arrive. Your card is so gorgeous! I love how you laced the ribbon through the die cuts. And that flower, what an amazing colouring job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy,
    I gasped with delight when I saw your card up close. WOW!
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    May the Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful & delicate looking. Thanks for sharing your lovely handiwork. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!