Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Rose Corner Bookmark

Hi there!
 
Today I have a corner bookmark I made using Flourishes' A Year in Flowers Stamp Set...
 

 

I made this using the Split Coast Stampers Corner Bookmark Tutorial by Beate Johns which you can find here.  This is super easy to make and comes out really pretty for a gift.  I colored this beautiful rose image with pencils and mineral spirits and cut it out with the Fleur de Lis Squares Die.
 
I'm submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #61 - Trust/Anything Goes
 
Also, for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #201 - use your favorite 2012 challenge project and case the card/project.  I cased the FTTC157 - Corner Bookmark Challenge.
 
Recipe:
 
Stamp: A Year in Flowers 2 (Flourishes)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Burgandy (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Olive Wrinkled Ribbon, White Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Fleur de Lis Squares, Classic Petals & Classic Decorative Inserts Four Edgeabilities (Spellbinders), adhesive pearls, spacer bead, Bow-Easy, butterfly punch (Marvy), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Black Raspberry, Kelp Green
 
Thank you for stopping by!
 
Blessings!
 
Kathy
 






 

6 comments:

  1. Just SO gorgeous, Kathy. That deep rich purple is just stunning. Thank you for blessing us with this lovely entry this week. I appreciate having you share with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gasp Kathy.....this is GORGEOUS!! I love these flowers you painted so beautifully....Wow....a bookmark anyone would love!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely. I really like making these too, You're reminding me to sit down and make some more, because you are right they go so fast, and they are fairly easy to do, but yours, of course, looks like a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly beautiful work! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,
    Talk about a high end book mark. That iss really gorgeous. I love the colors, shape and the bow.
    You make things look so easy.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD is Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this corner bookmark!!! I need to learn how to make one. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!