Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Majestic Birthday

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little Heartfelt Creations inspiration!  For my birthday card today I'm using the Majestic Morning Blooms and Vintage Morning Background Sets.





This week I decided to use golden yellows and black which I think is a striking combination.  The image is colored with pencils and mineral spirits and fussy cut.  I added a 2 flowers to the image and another to the bow center.  The card mat, small green mat, and the birthday tag are all pieces cut from the designer paper.  The possibilities are endless with the beautiful papers!

Behind the green mat are 2 Decorative Chateau Gate Die cuts in black.  This is an older die that I still absolutely love!  It's striking against the yellow/orange background!

Be sure to visit the HC Blog today to see all the gorgeous creations by the designers!  What a talented group of ladies!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #116 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy


Majestic Birthday

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:


Other Products Used
Paper: Black (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Black Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Black trim (Jo-Anns), Bow-Easy Tool, button, twine, Ebony Microbeads (Recollections), glue dots, beaded stick pin (stash), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Burnt Ochre, Kelp Green, Marine Green, Black


Instructions: Make A2 card base with black card stock.  Cut card front from designer paper and ink edges with black ink.  Cut black card stock 2 9/16” x 3 3/4” and glue over center of card front.  Die cut 2 small windows from Decorative Chateau Gate Die with Black and glue over card front as shown.  Wrap trim across card front and secure in place.  Add card front to base with pop dots.  Cut green journal card from designer paper, ink edges, and add over gate die cuts with pop dots.  Stamp flower image and flowers on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink.  Color image and 3 of the small flowers with pencils.  Die cut flowers and fussy cut image.  Shape 3 flowers with tool kit and mat.  Add 2 flowers to image as shown using glue and add image to journal card with pop dots.  Trim birthday tag from designer paper, ink edges, and add above image with pop dot.  Add button with twine bow to tag with glue dot.  Make bow with Black Seam Binding and add to side as shown with glue dots.  Add remaining flower to bow center.  Add Ebony Microbeads to flower centers using glue.  Assemble stick pin with various beads, insert behind bow, and secure in place.

10 comments:

  1. Another beauty! Love the black ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the colours. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well named! This really is a majestic beauty! Love those beautiful flowers! The touch of black makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love the flowers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just look at all those gorgeous layers of beautiful and rich loveliness. It's breath-taking, Kathy. Your art is just amazing, and I'm SO blessed to have you share your talents with us. Thanks so much for stopping by to share with us.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, This is just Stunning! Thank you so much for the lovely comments that you left on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JD/Jill is my other half. The artistic joy is apparent in you card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!