Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Fuchsia Cluster - Heartfelt Creations


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for the release of the new Cascading Fuchsia Collection! What a beautiful collection this is too! For my card this week, I used the Fuchsia Cluster Cling Set.



I colored the image with pencils and mineral spirits and die cut it with Labels 28 using the "out of the box" technique so one of the leaves and the flower bud hang outside the die cut. Here's a little close up of the image for you so you can see the coloring and the bud and leaf extended outside the die cut.




I kept my design very clean and simple, but I'm happy with how it turned out and how you are too!

Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see the gorgeous creations by the designers this week! Also check out the new video by Emma Lou showing you how to create the beautiful fuchsia flowers with the stamps and matching dies.

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #183 - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #144 - CAS

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Fuchsia Cluster

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3671 - Fuchsia Cluster Cling
Stamp Mat Pad
Scor-Pal
Spellbinders Tool n One

Other Products: Paper: Solar White (Neenah), White (Recollections), Bubble Gum (Worldwin); Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine); Accessories: Olive Wrinkled Ribbon, Bow-Easy Tool (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Labels 28, Decorative Labels 28 (Spellbinders), Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder (Stampin Up), half pearl, glue dots, Scotch Mounting Tape, wax paper, paper stumps, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Olive Green, Kelp Green, Marine Green, Processed Red, Mulberry, Raspberry, Violet, Dioxazine Purple Hue.

Instructions: Card measures 5 1/4" x 5 1/2". Make 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base with white card stock. Cut mat with Bubble Gum 4 1/16" x 5 5/16". Cut mat with white 3 7/8" x 5 1/8", emboss with folder and glue two mats together. Add mats to card base with mounting tape.

Stamp Fuchsia Cluster image on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink. Color image with pencils using mineral spirits and paper stumps. Cover image with wax paper (to protect image) and die cut with Labels 28 Die using the "outside the box" technique found here  (    )  so that the top right leaf and the flower bud on the bottom are outside the die cut edge. Cut Bubble Gum card stock with Decorative Labels 28 and add image with Mounting Tape. Add to card base as pictured using Mounting Tape. Make a 3-loop bow with ribbon and Bow-Easy Tool. Add to card as pictured using glue dots and add pearl to bow center with glue dots.

22 comments:

  1. Kathy your coloring is amazing! The card design is so pretty with the bow finishing off the design perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your colouring of images always amazes me Kathy, makes this fuschia look so realistic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Kathy. Your coloring is always suburb! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, this is stunning. Your coloring is always so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, Kathy, and beautifully colored! Oh wow! More stamps for my wish list! I really like Fuschias...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I love how you have framed and colored the fuchsia image. I have always liked an embossed background, especially dots, and this really sets off the center image. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful coloring and great use of the embossing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Kathy. I just prayed for you this morning as I stopped by, and really hope you're having a wonderful week. Your cards always bless me heart, and I am truly grateful that you take time to stop by and share them in our challenges. It means more to me than words can express. God bless you, and have a great CRAFTY week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so beautiful, love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card Kathy, coloring on your image is amazing, love your card design and colors you have used..

    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This image is stunning, I love the Prismacolor pencil and mineral spirit technique, it's truly amazing how the pigment just dissolves and blends beautifully.
    The design and layout of your amazing card is the perfect frame for this lovely colored image.
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, gorgeous coloring, Kathy! So lifelike...I am always impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! Beautifully colored!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! What amazing colouring. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful images and colouring. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Kathy!! Your coloring on this is amazing!!! I love the design too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous coloring Kathy! Love how the stamped image is the focal point of the creation...the bow is the perfect finishing touch!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI, I love the pink die cut frame, brings the eye right to the spot! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful coloring with your pencils and your color combo is gorgeous! Stunning card, Kathy! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful colours and love the way you coloured the flowers. Your green bow is the perfect touch too. So glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Kathy, your coloring is phenomenal!! I love how you offset the die cut too. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card Kathy... the coloring is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!