Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Flowering Dogwood Branch Anniversary


Happy Wednesday!

I have another clean and simple card today using the Flowering Dogwood Collection from Heartfelt Creations, this time with an anniversary card.



I love this flowing dogwood branch and thought it went perfect with the Botanic Window Die! I colored the image with pencils and mineral spirits and also did a separate small flower the same way to add to the bow. The sentiment is stamped directly on the window center. I did an anniversary sentiment, but it would be nice with a wedding sentiment also.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #286-287 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Flowering Dogwood Branch Anniversary

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3773 - Flowering Dogwood Set
HCPC 3775 - Flowering Dogwood & Doves Set
HCPC 3758 - Encourage You Set
HCD1-7100 - Botanic Window Die
HCD1-7129 - Flowering Dogwood Die
HCD1-7131 - Flowering Dogwood & Doves Die
68770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit

Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, White; Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black; Accessories: wired ribbon, Bow-Easy Tool, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Deco Pink, Hot Pink, Processed Red, Black Raspberry, Kelp Green, Marine Green, Peach Beige, Light Umber, Dark Brown, Espresso, Scotch Mounting Tape, glue dots

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Cut white cardstock 11" x 4 1/4", score at 5 1/2" and fold to make card base. Die cut large decorative window and center window using white cardstock and Botanic Window Die. Stamp sentiment from Encourage You Set on bottom on center window diecut. Adhere die cuts together and to card base using Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp blossom filled branch from Flowering Dogwood & Doves Set and small dogwood flower from Flowering Dogwood Set on Solar White with Onyx Black. Color  blossom filled branch and one small dogwood flower with pencils and mineral spirits. Die cut with matching dies from Flowering Dogwood Die and Flowering Dogwood & Doves Die. Shape flowers with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Add blossom filled branch to center window using pieces of Scotch Mounting Tape. Make bow using Bow-Easy Tool. Add bow to top of blossom filled branch using glue dots. Add small dogwood flower to bow center using glue dots.


6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Kathy. I love how the stems stream down. It's wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing it in our challenge.
    Have a blessed week. I prayed for you today, and hope things are going well.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!